The fallacy of self-reliance, self-love and healing from within

These messages are everywhere. We are so proud and strong, right? Wow, women who do it all and have healthy attitudes and lifestyles and are somehow humble! Everyone is striving for this and yet what I hear from my female friends is, I'm exhausted. This is an impossible standard and I can't keep going. I wish that for one day, just one, someone else would take care of me. 

This week these things are getting to me. How does one try to take good care of their body without the feeling that they need to get better because they are so unhealthy, so hideous, so disgusting? How does one try to be beautiful and virtuous on the inside when they know the truth about what's inside? When "within" one feels... Crazy? Incompetent? Self-obsessed? Undeserving? Rotten? 

I can't "love" myself or heal myself. I am too broken to do that. 

And that needs to be okay. Woman. It's okay for you to need something from the outside. We need God. God made it this way. We need each other. God made it this way. When we are too proud to need, we are the most weak.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Godwink once if you're listening

There's the rub